Make it a weekend with these great Somerset County Events!
1. Sugar and Maple Fest, Duke Farms
2. New Jersey Open, Warren Racquet Club
3. NJ Quilt Festival, Garden State Exhibit Center
4. For the Love of Art - Artist's Reception, Studio 7 Fine Art Gallery
5. March Open Weekend, Bluebird Farm Alpacas
6. The Sleeping Beauty: Russian National Ballet Theatre, State Theatre
7. Family Purim Carnival, Shimon and Sara Birnbaum JCC
8. 10th Anniversary Celebration, Tapastre
9. Koresh Dance Company, The Theatre at RVCC
10. Remembering the Ladies: From Petticoats to Presidents, Women in America, Van Horne House
March 4, 2017
MAPLE SUGAR FESTIVAL - All Ages
Celebrate the peak of the maple sugaring season at the Great Swamp OEC with this annual Festival this Saturday, March 4. ‘Hike through Maple Sugaring History,’ on the trails, eat delicious maple syrup snow cones, participate in a syrup taste-test, and more.
Rain or shine. Click here to learn more.
BABY AND ME HIKES
Put your baby in a backpack and explore one of many wonderful Morris County area trails.
All adults are welcome
Preregistration is required for all Baby and Me Hikes, click here to learn more.
March 7: Schiff Nature Preserve, Mendham
March 14: Lewis Morris County Park, Morris Twp.
March 21: Scherman Hoffman Sanctuary, Bernardsville
March 28: Kay Environmental Center, Chester Twp.
April 4: Pyramid Mountain Natural Historic Area,
April 11: Hacklebarney State Park, Chester Twp.
April 18: Hedden Park, Dover
April 25: Dismal Harmony, Mendham Twp.
MATILDA’S TEA - Fabulous Fascinators!
Ages 6 & Up.
Explore the art of millinery, or hat-making, while creating a fabulous fascinator, just like the ones that Princess Kate Middleton wears. Enjoy a light tea and an illustrated talk about the history of women’s head dressings.
For more information, click here.
Next up at the Children’s Museum – Astronomy March 12th
A printable copy of the schedule: childrensmuseumnj.org/CMNJschedule.pdf
Magic Tree House: Space Mission Returns
weekends from March 4 – 26 Visit the Planetarium this weekend to enjoy an out of this world experience!
Magic Tree House: Space Mission has returned to the schedule. Visit the Museum website for show descriptions, trailers and more.
12 noon One World, One Sky
1 pm Magic Tree House: Space Mission
2 pm Laser Kid Power
3 pm Dream to Discovery
Coming in April - special weekday presentations during Spring Break!
SMASH: Prehistoric Adventures!
March 25, 10 am - 3 pm
Come discover New Jersey's ancient life - there's so much more than dinosaurs! The March SMASH event, featuring cool, hands-on projects with an Ice Age theme, is held in conjunction with NJ Makers Day. Projects will be offered throughout the day and include the following:
- Make a saber tooth tiger puppet
- Dig up fossil puzzles and piece together a giant sloth, woolly mammoth or armadillo-like glyptodon
- Create an imaginative Cretaceous world complete with a glacial landscape and snow
- Meet the curator of Natural History and learn where you can find your own Ice Age fossils
- Play games to discover which fossils come from which time period in Earth's 4.5 billion year history
- Cave paint in the Imagination Studio
- Our youngest visitors can explore sand and snow sensory bins
Speaking of Maker Day – dozens of events at all the libraries in the Somerset County Library System and around the state – pick up a brochure at the library or see a list here!
UPCOMING PROGRAMS AT THE BRIDGEWATER LIBRARY
TEEN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Download our schedule for January through June 2017
For 2017 we are once again offering a mix of Saturday and Sunday programs in order to provide opportunities for families with different schedules. All programs will be offered in the PeopleCare Center (SE corner of Rt 28 and Finderne Avenue in Bridgewater). If you would like to help out as a volunteer for these programs, please call Tom Davidson at 908.725.4677.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!
On Saturday, May 13th from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
The Center for Contemporary Art is hosting a free family art event, "Hooray for May!"
"Hooray for May!" will bring together families from the local community for a fun and interactive day of making art. A variety of hands-on art activities for kids of all ages and parents alike will take place in The Center's three art studios and in the outdoor pavilion.
We are looking for volunteers to help the day of the event from 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Volunteers are needed for:
- helping with the art activities
- handing out refreshments
- monitoring the galleries
If interested, please contact Leigh Zona at