Have a budding actor in your family? We may be off-off-off Broadway, but Bridgewater Library offers many ways you can introduce your kids to plays and theater right here in central NJ!
@ The Library: Programs -- check out our calendar to get more details & register online.
Monday Sept. 20 at 4:30 p.m.: All the World's a Stage: Reader's Theatre Folktales for Grades 2-6 (Registration Required)
In addition, we also have these upcoming programs:
- Tuesday Sept 14 at 7 p.m.: Evening Family Story Time for ages 3+
- Saturday Sept. 18 at 10:30 a.m.: Super Silly Songs with Kurt Gallagher for ages 3+
- Tuesday Sept. 21 at 7 p.m.: Talk it Up Book Discussion for Grades 5-8 (Registration Required) This month's book is Sent by Margaret Petersen Haddix.
- Wednesday Sept. 22 at 4:30 p.m.: Chapter Book Club for Grades 3-4 (Registration Required) This month's book is Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary.
- Thursday Sept. 23 from 7-8:30 p.m.(Registration Required)
- We also offer weekly storytimes, toddler times, and infant lap-sits -- details can be found in our calendar.
@ the Library: Materials & Displays
Have a struggling or reluctant reader? Reader's Theater is a great way to build children's reading fluency -- they become better readers without even noticing it! -- and reading a play out loud together is a wonderful way to build reading skills and fun family time together. Search our online catalog for "Reader's Theater," check the non-fiction shelves under 812 & 822, and browse our display "All the World's A Stage" for books, videos, and DVDs. There are also numerous websites (listed below).
Want to give your kids early exposure to Shakespeare? Bridgewater Library owns Shakespeare: The Animated Tales -- these 12 tales were abridged by a noted Shakespeare scholar and beautifully animated by a collaboration of several international film studios. We have many of the accompanying scripts (perfect for home acting sessions!) at 822.33 GAR in our non-fiction section. The Shakepeare Theater of NJ offers touring productions in the summer which are clever, inventive, and fast-paced and offer a great way to get a first taste of the Bard!
Paper Mill Playhouse Presents a Free Community Event in Downtown Millburn to Celebrate the Opening of HairsprayWHERE: Main Street and Taylor Park in Downtown Millburn
WHEN: Sunday, September 19, from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Hairspray's Blowout Bash will feature rides, games, live entertainment, contests, give-a-ways, food, a special appearance from members of the Hairspray cast and more. Hairspray's Blowout Bash is a rain or shine event. Here are details and a timeline for the event.